Friday, November 9, 2012

My First Post, My First Creation

I first learned how to knit when I was around the age of eight and on vacation in Vermont with my family. Cooped up in a big blue house for a few summer weeks with my two sisters and mother, I didn't have that much of a choice but to turn to the big chunky kids knitting kit I had received from my parents. In fifth grade, I was put in a class with a teacher who would latter change me as not only as a student, but also turn me into the knitchick I am today. This teacher provided my classmates and I with various colors of yarn during reading time, and personally introduced me to the world of amigurimi with a koala project that I still to this day, never finished. Before, I had knitted many scarves, embroidering names of friends onto them as Christmas presents and birthday gifts.
This post is about my "real" first amigurimi creation that I finished on my first pair of double-pointed needles.

Knitting pattern from:
Hrachovec, Anna. Knitting Mochimochi: 20 Supe- Cute Strange Designs for Knitted Amigurumi. New York: Watson-Guptill Publications, 2010. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment